Welcome!

Please join us to discuss everything literary (especially kid literary): good books, the writing life, the people and businesses who create books, controversies in book world, what's good to snack on while reading and writing, and anything else bookish. We welcome your thoughts.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Obscurity, Thy Name is Author

Obscurity, Thy Name is Author

by Andrea Perry, but really Roger Rosenblatt for the NYTimes Book Review


Not being J.K. Rowling, or a Kardashian, I don't expect to be recognized in a bookstore.  On several occasions I  have been seated at lonely author's table and answered questions, but not about my book.  I have been asked where I bought my shoes, did I know I looked like a character from a soap opera, and did I know where the restrooms were.  But as Roger Rosenblatt recently wrote, you would hope once recognized as an author, the bookstore employees, or even the bookstore customers might be even a little bit impressed.  Not so much.  Without further ado, I will link you with Roger's take on humiliation at pretty much any bookstore reading and autograph session.  And everywhere else as well...



Please Turn to the Chapter on Obscurity...




Author's Note / Roger Rosenblatt
 The New York Times Book Review
 Sunday, May 25, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment